For the remainder of the 2013-2014 School Year,
Second Monday of each month from 6:45 PM – 9:00 PM.
No children other than not-yet-on-the-move or nursing babies are allowed in the meetings.
6:45 – 7:00 is social time which includes the opportunity to mingle with other homeschooling parents as well as to sign up for planned events such as field trips.
7:00 – 9:00 is organized time that opens with a devotion presented by a member and announcements of upcoming events. Guest speakers and topics of interest are featured during the meetings.
After the Meeting
Assistance with room clean up is always appreciated.
With or without children, please refrain from socializing in the rooms after the meetings so the rooms can be prepared for check-out with Forest City. Fortunately, because we love to chat, Hawaii weather generally makes plenty of outside, after-meeting socializing possible.
Meeting Location Addresses
Always verify meeting location for next meeting as it is likely to change from month to month.
1.Mcgrew Point Community Center: 471 McGrew Loop, Aiea, HI 96701
2.Navy Exchange (Upstairs Lanai): The Mall at Pearl Harbor, 4725 Bougainville Dr, Honolulu, HI 96818
3.Pearl City Peninsula Community Center: 100 Lehua Avenue, Pearl City , HI 96782
4.AMR Community Center Theatre Room: Bougainville Loup, Honolulu, HI NO FOOD OR DRINK
Prospective members are encouraged to test the waters by attending a meeting before joining.
MONDAY, April 14, 2014 6:45 PM
AMR Community Center Theatre Room
Joy in this Journey
Come be encouraged and prayed for!
Watch a DVD titled “Making Brothers and Sisters Friends”
then discuss ways to
Encourage healthy relationships,
Motivate reluctant students,
Alleviate the fatigue & discouragement of burn-out
SAMPLING OF PREVIOUS MEETING TOPICS
- Education Models with lots of samples [Classical, Notebooking, Montessori, Charlotte Mason]
- Homeschooling the Child with Special Needs
- Summer opportunities for children
- SEO presentation by Helmut Hampton
- Stump the Chump – open forum to ask anything of a panel of homeschooling moms with many years experience
- Classical Conversations – a homeschooling option in Hawaii and all across the United States
- Annual Group Standardized Testing – One way to meet Hawaii’s end of year requirements
- Christmas Social – games and fun (grown up) get-to-know-you time
- The Big 3: Teaching…Preschool/Multiple children/High school
- Hot Curriculum Options
- Planning – End of Year Events Info & Field Trip Ideas for Next Year
- Small Group Discussions (Topics: Science Curriculum, Monthly Freezer Cooking, Writing, and Scheduling Multiple Ages)
- Homeschooling Through the Elementary Years
- Homeschooling High Schoolers
- Homeschooling Through the Holidays
- Hawaii State Science Olympiad
- Getting the School Year Started – Opportunities for MHEN members
- Homeschool 101